DOMETIC FRESHJET FJX4 1500M Roof Air Conditioner
The DOMETIC FRESHJET FJX4 1500M Roof Air Conditioner is an inexpensive 1500 W roof air conditioner which quickly cools your vehicle with its efficient, two-way air distribution system. Ideal for recreational vehicles up to 5 m in length with insulated walls, it also dehumidifies the air and filters out dust particles. Powerful yet quiet, it ensures you can comfortably enjoy time in your motorhome with friends and family. Simply adjust...
The DOMETIC FRESHJET FJX4 1500M Roof Air Conditioner is an inexpensive 1500 W roof air conditioner which quickly cools your vehicle with its efficient, two-way air distribution system. Ideal for recreational vehicles up to 5 m in length with insulated walls, it also dehumidifies the air and filters out dust particles. Powerful yet quiet, it ensures you can comfortably enjoy time in your motorhome with friends and family. Simply adjust the two knobs on the manual control panel to set the temperature and airflow level you want. Its air distribution system has been optimised for increased airflow, moving about 6 m³ of cool air per minute, while also reducing operating noise. This enables quick cooling in hot ambient temperatures, without disturbing you – something you're sure to appreciate when you want to sleep.
Fitting Service by Dometic for FJX4 air conditioners is now available, see buying options below and fitting tab.
NEW Air Distribution Box:
Comes complete with the NEW mechanical air distribution box which is a light weight and ultra-compact roof air conditioner ideal for recreational vehicles with insulated walls up to 5 m in length. The low-profile design – just 79 mm in height – leaves ample headroom in the cabin.
This elegant air distribution unit blends in nicely with modern motorhome interiors. It quietly and efficiently moves the air in two directions, front and back. You can easily adjust the angle of the outlet vents for individual fine-tuning by touching the louvres with your fingertips. Simply use the two turning knobs to set the desired temperature and blower speed and thanks to the integrated dust filter, you can always breathe clean air letting you enjoy unforgettable moments in your home away from home.
- Low-profile design (just 79 mm high) leaves more headroom in the cabin
- NEW mechanical air distribution box with efficient front and back airflow
- Optimised airflow for increased efficiency and reduced noise
- Manual operation with two turning knobs to adjust the temperature and airflow rate
- Vertically adjustable outlet vents for individual airflow regulation - simply adjust the direction of the airflow with your fingertips
- Three Operating Modes - off, cooling, ventilation
- Reusable dust filter – easy to remove for cleaning
Key Features of the DOMETIC FRESHJET FJX4 1500M:
- Ideal for vehicles with insulated walls up to 5 m in length
- Roof installation in recreational vehicles only
- Entry-level model with manual controls – designed for small and medium-sized motorhomes
- Cooling capacity: 1500 watts
- Modern and fresh design - aerodynamically shaped rooftop unit
- Air distribution box with manual controls
- Quickly cools the vehicle interior and dehumidifies the air
- Pleasantly quiet operation for a comfortable rest and a peaceful night’s sleep
- Optimised air distribution unit – increased airflow and less noise
- Reusable dust filter – easy to remove for cleaning
- Lightweight design helps save fuel
- Extremely durable and robust design
- Owners of recreational vehicles (with insulated walls) more than 5 metres long can use two units to create separate climate zones inside the vehicle
- The Freshjet can easily be retro fitted in replacement of your existing 400 x 400 roof vent (subject to the roof vent location, & roof space for the AC unit), alternatively it can be retro fitted with 400 x 400 roof cut out
- Ideal for recreational vehicles, the unit can also be operated efficiently on the move with the option of a DC Kit DSP-T 12 (12V) or DSP-T 24 (24V)
- Available in White or Black - please ensure you select the correct colour option from the dropdown menu when ordering
- N.B When ordering the black version, the Air Distribution Box (for the interior) will be white and only the roof top box will be black
- For full specification and functionality, please see the Dometic Operating Manual available to view under our ‘Download Manual’ tab on the product page before making any purchase
** This product must be installed by a Dometic approved installer, to not do so will affect the warranty on the product.
For the 'supply only' option - this will ship directly to your delivery address on a pallet.
For the Dometic supply and fitting service option -
If buying the fitted option, vehicle will be required to be taken by you to Dometic Fitting Centre in Tewkesbury for fitting directly by their own specialist engineers. Dometic have agreed to incorporate an additional year’s manufacturer’s warranty (3 years in total) if bought for fitting at their Service Centre through us. For full details and terms & conditions please see the 'Fitting Service' Tab for this product before ordering.
The manual for this item is available from the ’Download Manual’ tab above. Also known as FJX4233M
Large Item Shipping Notice:
Please note that this is a large item. To ensure the item can be safely delivered and will fit through the necessary delivery access points, please check the product size & weight information on the specification tab above.
26 kg Roof Top Box
4.20 kg ADB
220-240 volts AC
|INPUT FREQUENCY||50 Hz|
COOLING CAPACITY (ISO 5151):
Roof Top Box: White or Black
DIMENSIONS (W x H x D):
External: 702 x 225 x 752 mm
Internal ADB: 518 x 59 x 579 mm
|PRODUCT CODE:||9600050998 White, 9600050999 Black|
CE, UKCA, eMark, EMC, CB
RATED CURRENT COOLING:
Cooling mode <3.3A
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE:||− 2 °C … 52 °C. |
|NOISE LEVEL (HIGHEST FAN SETTING):||<70 dB(A)|
VEHICLE SIZE (WITH INSULATED WALLS):
Best for vehicle with insulated walls max. length 5 m.
ROOF OPENING/ROOF THICKNESS:
Roof opening (W x D) 400 x 400 mm Roof thickness 25 – 60 mm
3 YEARS WARRANTY WHEN FITTED AT THE DOMETIC FITTING CENTRE
If buying the fitted option, vehicle will be required to be taken by you to Dometic Fitting Centre in Tewkesbury for fitting directly by their own specialist engineers. Dometic have agreed to incorporate an additional year’s manufacturer’s warranty (3 years in total) if bought for fitting at their Service Centre through us.
What happens once the fitted order is placed with us?
Once order received, your details are sent directly by us to the Dometic Fitting Centre Tewkesbury. Thereafter, Dometic’s Service Team will contact you to organise a convenient date & time for the vehicle to be brought in by you. Kindly note that Dometic require a photograph of the roof of your vehicle as well as an interior image of the roof light together with surrounding area to enable assessment of additional work that maybe required to fit the unit. Photos will be requested by us via email after order placed with us. The FJX4 1500M will be delivered to the fitting centre in Tewkesbury directly awaiting your vehicle on your appointment date.
Standard fitting involves the removal of an existing 400 by 400 roof light and replacing with, and wiring in, the roof-top unit and installation of the ADB inside the interior of the vehicle. The cost does not include the moving or any other rooftop items you might have e.g. solar panels, which would be charged separately by Dometic directly to you.
If it is found that additional work is required, the Dometic Fitting Centre will advise accordingly. Please note that if the fitting is not a standard fit Dometic reserve the right to make & recover additional charges directly to you, the customer.
* Please note that if you order a non-fitted unit this will ship directly to your delivery address on a pallet.
Location of Dometic Fitting Centre:
Dometic Fitting Centre
Unit 31 Alexandra Way
Tel No: 0344 626 0136